Hiking & hiking trails in Heiligenblut / Großglockner
On the trail of nature, at every turn in the largest protected area in the Alps. The Hohe Tauern and the national park of the same name are your territory if you are after the most beautiful hikes and hiking trails. The mountains look alpine, but they don't have to be conquered in a daring way. The views of the peaks and mountains of the Hohe Tauern are all the better for those who are moving on wonderful hiking trails and have time and leisure to pause and look into the distance.
Lace up hiking boots & pack your backpack
We start our hike early. It is summer and a wonderfully hot sunny day is predicted. Meter by meter we cover the valley with the Grossglockner cable cars. An advantage in two respects: We save ourselves vertical meters on the ascent and at an altitude of over 2.000 meters we don't feel the summer heat as strongly. We start our hike from the mountain station via the Geotrail Tauernfenster, a scenic tour to the Hochtor. Oh, how beautiful life is, you can enjoy it in the mountains.
Our TOP 5 hikes in Heiligenblut am Großglockner
- Gamsgrubenweg - in the face of the Grossglockner - 200 m, approx. 3 h
- Pasterze glacier path - very close to the ice - 400 m elevation gain, approx. 4 h
- Geotrail Tauernfenster - hike above the clouds - 200 m, approx. 3 h
- Heiligenblut - Schareck natural hazard trail - approx. 2 h 15 min
- Nature trail “Natura Mystica” - mystical in the Hohe Tauern
What are your top 5 hikes in Heiligenblut am Großglockner?
Fact Check: THAT belongs in your hiking backpack
- Weatherproof clothing just in case
- Warm changing clothes for low temperatures
- Maps and tour information
- Enough to drink and provisions for longer tours
- Mobile phone, binoculars, headlamp
- First aid kit just in case, including emergency numbers
- Ev. Hut sleeping bag, hygiene articles for multi-day tours
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, headgear
Alpe-Adria-Trail: long hikes from the glacier to the sea
The Alpe-Adria-Trail is a long-distance hiking trail of superlatives.
- The Alpe-Adria-Trail leads from the glacier at the foot of Austria's highest mountain, the Grossglockner, to the Adriatic sea beach.
- It connects three regions in three countries: Carinthia, Slovenia, Friuli-Venezia Giulia.
- 43 stages over approx. 750 kilometers guide the long-distance hiker through the most beautiful Carinthian mountain and lake areas, through the wild beauty of the Triglav National Park and the lovely Friuli landscape to the sea beach in Muggia.
- Hiking on the Alpe-Adria-Trail primarily means enjoyment on paths that have no particular difficulties.
Located on the first two stages of the Alpe Adria Trail, we offer interesting offers as a partner company.
Section 01 Alpe-Adria-Trail: Kaiser-Franz-Josefs-Höhe - Heiligenblut
Section 02 Alpe-Adria-Trail: Heiligenblut - Döllach
The National Park Lodge Grossglockner is your hotel right on the Alpe-Adria-Trail. - Here you dream your adventure!